The other
evening I was channel surfing the TV and came across this show "Europe in 8
Bits". I found it quite interesting. They have a web site
Europein8bits.com that has a link to the video. The video was about young
musicians using old technology to create small sound. A pair of gentlemen
created an actual cartridge that is a looper program for the Gameboy. The idea
of using old technology as an instrument is incredible. Using the Pokémon
sounds for a dubsteped beat. In the documentary I enjoy the fact that the
shows produced are music created live. Yes, it was a Dj setup and a dance club
atmosphere but the audience was feeding off the energy of the live performance.
The documentary also brought up how many artists sold their synthesizers and
controllers to purchase old Nintendo systems and Gameboys to create new strange
sounds. I personally thought it was awesome. Would you use this technology?
Nanoloop is the name of one Gameboy cartridge. On eBay the price ranges from
sixty dollars to a hundred sixty dollars. Some of the least expensive
synthesizers are a couple hundred dollars. The other company brought up in the
documentary is LsDj. Little sound Dj gives you a more technical approach with
providing you the program that can be copied to a cartridge or system. A small
donation of five dollars is requested. I tried to attach some of the video yet
the link does not work so I have included a couple Mp3 clips that show what
can be done with small sounds. Keep in mind all parts are created on the Gameboy.
Edm DubSlide Edm Micro Mix
Both have there own personal twist. Let me know what you think. Would you jump around to this in the club?
This is great! Finding new ways to use older technology...I think the EDM Dubslide is more my style :)
ReplyDelete