Saturday, March 7, 2015

Noise Reduction

So if you read my last post I mentioned the possibility of releasing my first piece created for my next post. Well not gonna happen. Sorry. But there will be one posted soon.  As I sat down to record my vocals, my next door neighbor has decided to play his music. Alright, play is putting it mildly, LOUDLY bump, yet not so loud to be heard outside in the hall. Only the bass line vibrates straight through the walls. Yes I even moved everything into the bedroom the furthest away from the wall that connects apartments and my microphone still pics it the low bumps. The problem is it doesn't pick up the sound just the wave. A professor of mine mentioned an air mattress but I would need to cover the entire wall? I'm going to create an isolation box for my microphone so I’m hoping that will help. I should get the schedule of my neighbors work hours so I know when to record and when not to. Lol. Of course Mixing at this time is no problem. I just wanted some voice to work with. How do you circumvent noise issues not noticed until mixing? Rerecord? Create a noise floor with instrumentation? I personally would rerecord the project in a clean environment. That is why a studio's with vault like walls are so nice. The low frequencies are contained within the building and reject all the outside interference. So I’m wondering with the abilities of home studios now why the mediocrity in the music industry?   You think that technology would help create better music because of the ease of the work load. But sadly I feel it hasn’t… 

No comments:

Post a Comment