Monday, February 23, 2015

Flipping burgers


Many artist and musician fall into the trap of needing money to pay bills and when to practice or perform. Currently I am working two jobs and juggling school just to keep bills in the black. Yet I am struggling to keep up with practicing of my art. Time management would be a key factor to a successful music career. I remember growing up and mentioning to my step-dad I wanted to be a musician he chided back you'll be flipping burgers. Great, thanks for the support. So, finishing grade school was interesting, yet I wanted a career I enjoyed. The idea of corporate law sounded good because the money would be amazing yet the hours of study and memorization not going to happen. So I studied music theory, enjoying life and writing poetry. Years past and I am still paying bills, enjoying life. Over the years I have learned to not stress over bills, somehow it all works out. A career that encompasses all your mental faculties helps your stress level. If every time you go to sit and practice and your hungry the practice won't go as planned. The Zac Brown Band in Nashville purchased a studio. They started something I think is good. If you book a recording with a band there they will have a half or whole hog cooked for the band to eat. Keeping the creative atmosphere alive and full.  So, I hope that my life journey has brought me enough experience to be able to direct or help other having the same issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment