Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Purchase


My point is that all the music that I heard while camping was purchased. I didn't hear anyone sitting around the campfire singing songs or even talking to each other; some even had projectors so they could watch TV. Isn't the point camping to enjoy nature and it sounds? Yet it is hard to not focus on money. As an artist myself it is a hard balance to maintain. Staying true to my art and not being fixated on the money. The American dream of getting a one hit wonder and making it I feel is truly a dream in today’s technological age. Artists have to push the boundaries and need funding to accomplish their goals. Somehow the American dream got twisted, I really don't want to be rich. I would like to be able to live comfortably while having enough to be able to help those in need. Musicians now have gotten to a point of its my work, my song, my lyrics, my samples, pay me, pay me, pay me. Are there jam session concerts anymore? A non-scripted show just let the musicians perform and collaborate on the fly. Are musicians stuck with craigslist to find each other? In Nashville, of course its mostly country music, there are many venues that cater to singer song writers, why is that not more popular in other city's? Small bars trying to drum up extra revenue should totally explore that avenue. Back to money, I find it hard not to want to produce something just to make a buck, yet chasing my ultimate dream of having my composition performed at Madison Square Garden. Yet that would take some time and money. 
 Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on InstaGram
Follow me on LinkedIn

No comments:

Post a Comment