Monday, February 9, 2015

Society


Traveling in the city of Chicago can be loud. When I first moved to Chicago and traveled on the transit it was very interesting seeing the majority of passengers having ear buds playing music or whatever media. The interaction of people is almost minimal unless your traveling with someone, even then if some email or text is received most will multi task there attention and respond to the text or email. The most noticeable change that I personally have notice is at the bar. Patrons when I first started bartending used to talk to each other.  As technology progresses more and more I have noticed that more patrons are entertained with there phone or one there phone and not even talking to the person they went to the bar with. Seriously! Why did you invite me out for a drink and ignore me?  Technology can be amazing at the same time. A tablet can be turned into a synthesizer due to the touch screen.  So maybe I will start it myself, instead of listening to my ear buds I will play my harmonica walking the streets. Start a drum circle on the train instead of playing Clash of Clans. Sometimes I wonder as a fan of Science fiction movies if we lost use of electronics what would really happen. Would society be able to survive without a microwave? I know many people that have emphasized that they would die if they didn’t have their phone. Society has become so dependent on technology that I wonder what would happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment