Thursday, February 19, 2015

Groupies are fun

I have always wanted to be part of a group performing. The rush of blood to the face stepping out on stage. Where do you meet band members that care? I'm almost to the point of finding a really large house and only renting apartments to Musicians. To get everyone in a possible band within close practicing proximity. I'm sure there are numerous bands that where started as roommates. Yet as a single musician moving to an unknown city what resource is available to find a like musician? Craigslist? Facebook? Myspace? Now I have met a few musicians off craigslist. One sticks out more than others. I responded to this guy’s drummer post, said he was playing for 10 years, and listed good stuff about himself. So I figured I would test his knowledge and asked him to meet me at guitar center, he couldn't get past a simple 4/4 beat closed hat and crash. Needless to say the jam session never happened. So, if you want to start a band is it as simple as surfing the social media sites? Randomly I meet a guitarist that couldn't stay sober. So the jam sessions only lasted for about two hours if we we’re on a beer night. Lately I've decided to chase my own path, be the one man band with a bottle filled with rocks tied to my shoes, cymbals in between my knees, elbows armed with small tambourines and a harmonica on the shoulders.  I could play to a captive audience every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment