Wednesday, March 4, 2015

ProTools


I got ProTools at the house! So much fun, I feel like a kid in the candy store. The ability to mix and record at the house on my own time is awesome. Now there where many different hoops that needed to be jumped through, copies of school documents and multiple programs downloaded. Loading ProTools sitting on my couch was incredible. Hopefully in the next post I will leave a sample of some works that I create. The advancement of technology has made it easier to access audio programs yet many components are still needed. Components needed would be a M-box, cables, microphones, quality speakers, quality headphones and a quite workspace. What is your workspace like? Do you enjoy having a DAW on your couch? Many components now can be purchased at resale shops, of course if you want quality you will have to pay for it. EBay and Amazon are online resources that have the ability to search for exactly what you need or want. I personally purchased an 88 key keyboard and had it shipped to my house.  Also, I researched the brand and the abilities of that brand before I made the purchase. Which is what I would always recommend, ALWAYS do your research before you finalize your purchase.  My next addition to my audio component collection would be a Multi-Port M-Box to be able to record with a quality microphone at the house.  I would then need to create an Isolation box but that shouldn’t be too difficult. What homemade recording devices do you use? 

1 comment:

  1. I also use Pro Tools, but only for assignment purposes in my classes. Since Pro Tools has become the industry standard, which is kind of bullshit in my opinion because of how limiting it can feel at times, it's easy for me to work on other projects and collaborate with people who have it. For personal projects I like to use Sony Vegas even though it's mainly a video editing program. As for hardware I got a mic bundle with a interface. It's pretty basic, but it gets the job done.

    ReplyDelete